Homework is an extension and a supplement of class work which has to be completed arid/or learnt by learners outside the classroom.
- To give learners the opportunity to undertake schoolwork independently and under their own conditions
- To provide an opportunity for independent acquiring of knowledge and mastering of skills,
- To provide additional practice, increasing the amount of time learners are actively engaged in learning
- To allow educators an opportunity for monitoring learners’ progress and diagnosing learning problems
- To increase learners’ independence, personal responsibility and individual accountability
- To facilitate more rapid movement through the curriculum
- To increase communications between parents and the school
- To contribute to learners’ and parents’ understanding that the school holds high expectations of pupils.
DEMERITS FOR HOMEWORK / ASSESSMENT
- The Learner will receive a demerit immediately.
- The school disciplinary committee will be informed.
- The parent / guardian of the learner will be notified.
- The parent / guardian of the learner will be ask to report to the school the next day for intervention on this matter.